What is Alchemical Hypnotherapy?
The subconscious mind controls our emotions, our self-esteem, our beliefs, our immune systems, and our bodies. It is filled with awesome mysteries and unguessed powers. Hypnosis is the primary method used to contact the subconscious mind.
The level of trance used by the Alchemical Hypnotherapist is an 'Alert Trance', in which the client maintains full conscious awareness and control, while in touch with subconscious memories, emotions, and resources.
Alchemy has traditionally been associated with the transmutation of base metals into gold. The ancient Alchemists made clear in their writings that the substance of their transmutation was the human soul. Their goal was the transmutation of the base metals of human emotions and instincts within the subconscious mind into the gold of self-realization. According to Carl Jung, the first modern alchemist, the vehicles of this transformative process were the archetypes, the Inner Guides.
Thus Alchemy can be defined as the spiritual discipline of working with Inner Guides. These powerful and autonomous beings live within the subconsciousness mind and can guide us effectively to health, happiness, relationships, prosperity, and most important, the fulfillment of our spiritual purpose! These Guides can be accessed through the hypnotic state.
Alchemical Hypnotherapy is a therapeutic process designed to assist the client in working with their Inner Guides to change their lives. Alchemical Hypnotherapy synthesizes techniques from many modern schools of Transpersonal Hypnotherapy and Psychology. It includes Gestalt, Regression Therapy, Neuro-Linguistic Programming (NLP), Psychosynthesis and Shamanism with the ancient science of Alchemy as translated and channeled to the modern world by Dr. Carl Jung.
Specifically, Alchemical Hypnotherapy, as developed by David Quigley, includes all of the following processes:
- The rescue of the inner child from the trauma, neglect, and emotional pain of the past.
- Providing the inner child with new loving parents and the experiences of a nurturing childhood. We create with you a loving inner world in which someone is always there to hear and respond to your needs.
- Strategies for contacting, testing, and working with the Inner Guides (archetypes) through trance, movement, and shamanic practices.
- Contacting past-life memories within the collective unconscious to access creative abilities, resolve trauma, change karma, and alter contracts with significant others.
- Integration of sub-personalities (different voices within ourselves) to resolve conflicting desires and goals. This leads to the unification of the will and the achievement of dreams.
- Alchemical Hypnotherapy uses movement, psychodrama, emotional release, touch, breath, and sound to achieve integration at the physical, emotional, mental and spiritual levels.
The technology of Alchemical Hypnotherapy has been applied very successfully to all of these issues:
- Addiction recovery--our work is especially compatible with 12-step programs
- Healing survivors of childhood abuse and molestation
- Weight management, including compulsive eating
- Smoking cessation
- Healing the underlying causes of physical illness (in conjunction with medical treatment)
- Stress management
- Enhancing creative potential and achieving peak performance
- Solving the problems of co-dependence and relationship
- Help with decision-making and development of motivation and career success